General Services Department
The General Services Department is a Service Department created in the year 2014 by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) vide Circular Ref No: HCSF/CMO/EM/243/17 dated 11th March, 2014. The Department is structured into two (2) Divisions:
The Department is structured into two (2) Divisions: The Maintenance & General Services Divisions. The functions of the department are presented on a divisional basis:
- Maintenance Division
- Maintenance Services
- Facility Management
- Plant and Equipment Management
- Office Allocation
- General Services Division
- Transport Administration
- Utility Services (Telephones, PABX, Electricity Bills, e.tc.)
- Stores Management
- Fumigation, Deratization and decontamination of the Ministry’s offices.
- Installation of workstations in some offices within the Ministry
- Installation of 7Nos (seven) Notice Boards at strategic places in the Ministry to enable staff have easy access to information.
- Adequate supply and distribution of stationeries items and computer consumables to offices/Departments of the Ministry.
- Identification of the Ministry’s offices/ Re-arrangement of offices along Departmental lines within the Federal Secretariat Complex
- Provision of Handwash stations/ installation of automatic hand sanitizing equipment at strategic locations within the Ministry
- Installation of Fire extinguishers at strategic places in the ministry
- Installation of official telephone land lines between the Ministry and other MDAs as well as its agencies/
- Installation of Intercoms for ease communication.
- Repair/installation of Air conditioners in some Ministry’s offices
- Repair of plumbing facilities in some Ministry’s offices and toilets.
- Replacement of fluorescent tubes, fitting in some offices is completed
- Installation of protective burglary proofs in the Ministry’s offices